INTERNAL PROTOCOL - COVID - 19 PREVENTIVE MEASURES
THE LISBOANS APARTMENTS
This Internal Protocol consists of a set of information and measures to prevent the infection of Covid-19, both for guests and employees, in order to ensure the safety and comfort of all.
There will always be a collaborator of the Management or Front Office responsible for initiating the procedures in case of suspected infection, who will accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation space, provide the necessary assistance and contact the national health service through the line SNS 24.
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
A. On the Premises:
Signs and Information
Adequacy of the selected space for insulation
Adequacy of accommodation units
B. For Employees:
Equipment - Individual and collective protection
Appointment of those responsible
Reception of Goods
Stock of cleaning and sanitizing materials
C. For Guests:
Equipment - Personal protection
2. PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
Decontamination of the Isolation Site
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
A. On the premises:
Signaling and Information:
This Internal Protocol regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak will be sent by email to all guests at the time of confirming their reservation for their knowledge.
Information on basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak will be made available on site and also by email.
The cleaning services of all common spaces and apartments in the building will be reinforced with new procedures and standards:
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with this internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and guests circulate, guaranteeing the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials, including all furniture and critical equipment;
- Cleaning of surfaces and objects in common use several times a day (including light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles, handrails, telephone, remote control equipment, etc.);
- Preference for wet cleaning over dry cleaning and use of vacuum cleaner;
- Air renovation of the office space to support Check-In and common spaces carried out regularly. The access doors to the exterior must remain open between 10 am and 12 pm and 2 pm and 4 pm, whenever weather conditions allow it;
- Washing the floors of common areas with hot water and common detergent, followed by disinfection with bleach solution diluted in water, with a cleaning frequency of at least twice a day;
- Cleaning and disinfection of reusable cleaning equipment (such as buckets, mops) at the end of each use. The equipment must be distinguished by cleaning areas - sanitary facilities, common areas, apartments;
- Reinforcement of the cleaning of utensils, equipment and surfaces in the support area for breakfast, avoiding as much as possible the direct handling of food by employees;
- Use of nitrile gloves during the preparation of breakfast, so that the employee never comes into direct contact with the food products that will be served to guests;
- Verification of the proper functioning of the air conditioning, equipment and filter washing and disinfection;
- Certification of the proper functioning of the dishwashing and laundry equipment, in particular the operating temperatures, as well as the correct dosage of cleaning and disinfecting chemicals;
- Registration of hygiene and disinfection actions using existing forms and procedures.
Adequacy of the selected space for insulation:
Place (Check-In Front Office) to isolate people who can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, with natural ventilation and mechanical ventilation system. It has smooth and washable surfaces, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothes collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
Adequacy of accommodation units:
- Preparation of the cleaning support trolley with all the necessary material and replacement products from the accommodation, in order to avoid transit in service areas.
- Cleaning is always carried out from top to bottom and, from the cleanest areas, to the dirtiest: ceiling (if applicable) and walls, surfaces above the floor (benches, tables, chairs, handrails, others), equipment in the areas, sanitary facilities, floor.
- Disinfection of furniture and some equipment after cleaning, with disinfectant or alcohol at 70º moistened wipes, such as accommodation furniture, kitchen cabinets and countertops, table and chairs, not forgetting to disinfect cabinet and door handles, taps, washbasin and drain.
- Ensure cleanliness of the housing walls up to the arm height.
- Definition of specific care for changing bedding and cleaning the accommodation, favoring two spaced intervals with adequate protection. Since the bed linen change intervention generates aerosols, we will have to separate the two interventions: linen change and cleaning. There must be a waiting time between these two tasks - respect a rest time between removing sheets, bedding and towels, and cleaning floors and surfaces.
- Removing bedding and towels without shaking or stirring it, rolling it outwards, without touching the body and transporting it directly to the washing machine.
- Packaging of waste collected in the accommodation in a well-packed and closed first bag, which is then deposited in the second bag.
- Separate machine washing of bed linen / towels at high temperatures (about 60ºC).
- Use of single-use cleaning equipment, whenever possible, which will be discarded after use.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of non-single use equipment after use.
Existence of alcohol-based antiseptic solution dispensers near the entrance / exit of the building, in the elevator and in the support cars for cleaning the accommodations.
B. For Employees:
All employees will have training on the disease, but mainly on the procedures that must be adopted individually and in groups, namely on:
1. Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak;
2. How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including procedures:
- Hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into the flexed forearm or using a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing your nose; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and guests, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared work stations, face-to-face meetings and food sharing, utensils, cups and towels.
- Correct use of the mask: use the mask correctly during the entire work period, respecting the hygiene and safety conditions during its placement, use and removal. Contemplate the need to replace the mask, adopting good usage practices.
3. How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing;
4. How to comply with the guidelines of the Health Authority (Direção-Geral da Saúde) for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes on the premises.
Equipment - Individual and collective protection:
Use of personal protective equipment PPE, appropriate to the degree of risk of exposure to the virus to which each function is subject.
Compliance with the permanent use of a certified community mask and hand disinfection at each visit and at least every 30 minutes.
Mandatory use of equipment with PPE, such as apron, mask, gloves and disposable shoe covers, for all employees before entering each accommodation unit for maintenance or cleaning. Employees must discard all protective equipment used (with the exception of masks) after completing the cleaning of each accommodation unit.
Machine washing of employees' uniforms separately at high temperatures (around 60ºC), in addition to ensure greater thermal disinfection it must be subjected to ironing / steaming.
Appointment of those responsible:
Training the employee of the Check-In Front Office to trigger the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the National Health Service).
1. Hand disinfection with the disinfectant gel available at the entrance / exit of the changing rooms. Every day the employee must: wear a washed uniform (a daily wash of the uniform with a temperature above 60o C must be maintained); put on the mask according to the rules. At the end of your shift, if the mask is damaged, you must make it unusable by placing it in the waste container with a non-manual opening and a plastic bag that is located outside the employee exit door. On your next shift you must request a new mask from the Housekeeper.
2. Self-monitoring of employees' body temperature, in accordance with Decree-Law no. 20/2020 of 1 May, which alters the exceptional and temporary measures related to the pandemic of the disease COVID-19. Exclusively for the sake of protecting the health of oneself and others, body temperature measurements are carried out on workers for the purpose of access and permanence in the workplace. If there are temperature measurements above normal body temperature, the employee is prevented from accessing the workplace and must be directed to the isolation location defined in this protocol with the implementation of emergency procedures, or immediately invited to go home and contact the National Health Service.
3. Behaviors to be adopted by staff:
- Maintain distance between employees and guests and avoid physical contact, including handshakes;
- Do not enter and leave the establishments with the establishment's uniform;
- Keeping your hair up;
- Excessive use of personal adornments (bracelets, threads, rings, etc.) is not recommended;
- Breaks and meal times are scheduled to avoid encounters in staff / dining areas.
4. External training for cleaning professionals on the products they use, the precautions to be taken when handling, diluting and applying them in safe conditions, how to protect themselves during cleaning procedures and how to ensure good ventilation during cleaning and disinfection (dossier with all safety data sheets for all products used, which should be consulted whenever necessary).
5. Posting of awareness and information posters promoting good practices and guidelines from the Health Authority (Direção-Geral da Saúde), both in public areas and in employees’ areas.
6. Communication to the Responsible whenever employees have been in close and / or direct contact with someone infected with COVID-19 or with symptoms compatible with the disease. In this case, in particular, they should monitor their health status, measuring body temperature twice a day, recording values and being aware of coughing or breathing difficulties.
7. Sensitizing employees to avoid social greetings with physical contact, in addition to sharing food, utensils, cups and towels, and even touching their eyes, nose or mouth with dirty hands.
Reception of Goods:
It is carried out exclusively outside the accommodation building – at the space that supports the preparation of breakfasts and laundry, thus preventing suppliers from having to enter the guest's circulation areas. Compliance with the following rules: respect the minimum distance of 1 meter without physical contact with any employee; avoid the receipt of paper invoices and guides, whenever possible, requesting the sending in electronic format; the fruit received application has to be disinfected; additional care in discarding and cleaning the surfaces of packages received; avoid reusing suppliers' transport boxes in the establishment's internal circuits.
Stock of cleaning and sanitizing materials:
Stock of cleaning materials for single use proportional to the size of the project, including cleaning wipes for single use moistened with disinfectant, bleach and alcohol at 70º.
Antiseptic alcohol-based solution dispensers or refills.
Equipment with PPE such as apron, mask, gloves and disposable shoe covers for all employees.
Waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
Equipment or refills for hand washing with liquid soap and towels for individual use.
Schedules / Shifts:
Definition of service schedules and / or shifts with a reduction in the simultaneous number of employees, through the creation of teams to allow greater control of safety and hygiene rules.
Possibility of holding small meetings between employees (up to 10 people maximum), during which participants should use a mask, disinfecting their hands before and after the meeting and during which the distance of 2 meters between participants must be respected.
Possibility for the employee to remove the mask during the meal break. The mask must be removed and deposited in a bag (for personal use) in the dressing room. Then, the hands are washed. After the meal and after washing your hands again, put on the second mask of the day, disinfect the table, chairs and benches and wash your hands again.
Cleaning and disinfection of staff reserved areas (dressing room, pantry and laundry) at least twice a day.
C. For Guests:
Equipment - Personal protection:
The hotel provides guests with personal protective equipment free of charge, including individual kits with a mask and disinfectant gel.
Permission to circulate in common spaces as long as social distance and basic precautions for infection prevention and control are respected in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. More than one person is not allowed inside the elevator unless they are family.
Information by email to the guest about the measures taken by the accommodation with regard to hygiene and safety standards and operational standards.
Implementation of the Self / Digital Check-In procedure and a non-face-to-face prepayment model.
Guest service provided with a mask, maintaining the rule of social distance. Service of only one guest at a time. Disinfectant product available for guests at the Check-In Front Office.
It’s not allowed the transport of the guest's luggage, except in special cases where gloves must be used for this purpose.
Removal of all leaflets, magazines and equivalents available in common areas, in order to avoid handling these elements.
The establishment maintains the breakfast service in the accommodation, complying with the prevention and infection control rules regarding the coronavirus outbreak COVID-19.
Apartments Cleaning and Clothes Changing:
The guest has the possibility to choose to have or not to have the accommodation clean and to replace bed and bath linen during their stay. Avoid cleaning when the guest is inside the accommodation.
PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
The Check-In Front Office has the telephone numbers from the health authorities, medical centers, public and private hospitals available and also from assistance centers for use whenever there is a possibility that a guest may be ill.
The responsible employee will follow the following recommendations if a guest or employee has a suspected infection:
- The employee informs the General Manager of the Hotel, Marta Martins Fonseca;
- The suspicious COVID-19 infected guest will receive a surgical mask, as long as their clinical condition permits (the mask must be put on by the patient himself);
- The suspicious COVID-19 infected guest is taken to the isolation area - Check-In front office - with the appropriate distance;
- The suspicious COVID-19 infected guest should immediately contact the Health line 24 (808 24 24 24), so that his case is evaluated and monitored;
- The suspicious COVID-19 infected guest must not leave the building and must wait for instructions from health professionals;
- The Local Health Authority may choose to send the person to the reference Hospital in the area or not, depending on the clinical situation;
- The common areas where this guest passed will be isolated and disinfected;
- If the SNS 24 informs about the non-validation, the worker must inform the General Manager of the Hotel of the non-validation, who must inform the responsible work physician;
- If the SNS 24 informs about the validation, the worker must remain in the isolation area (with a surgical mask, as long as their clinical condition allows it), and wait for the instructions of the SNS 24;
- Other workers' access to the “isolation” area is prohibited (except for workers assigned to assist);
- The “isolation” area must be closed until the decontamination (cleaning and disinfection) is validated by the Local Health Authority. This ban can only be lifted by the Health Authority.
Decontamination of the Isolation Site:
The isolation area will always be decontaminated whenever there are positive cases of infection and the cleaning and disinfection reinforced whenever there are patients suspected of being infected, especially on the surfaces frequently handled and most used by the same, as indicated by the Health Authority (Direção-Geral da Saúde).
The waste produced by patients suspected of infection will be stored in a closed plastic bag, which will be segregated and sent to the licensed medical waste management operator with biological risk.